How will organisation building continue after the initial 2 years
National Executives will continue to make ad hock appointments as above.
- Public Elections -- overview
- The Party will contest public elections, both at the national and lower levels starting with the next Lok Sabha elections expected in 2019 and any other election simultaneously held
- Specific seats will be picked by the National Executive, based on strategic reasons, to contest
- Thereafter the party shall be a regular at the national, state, local body and other public body elections
- Primary system -- Selecting candidates for elections/ticket distribution
- Aspirants for party tickets will submit applications for party tickets to the Primaries Committee (which will be appointed by the National Executive from time to time).
- All such applications will be made in the format provided by the party, which will include the ticket seekers vision for his constituency, the local body area, the state and the nation.
- The application will also require a ticket seeker to provide a plan for implementation of his/her vision, work done in the past to help the people, fund raising ability and expectations, a strengths, weakness, opportunities and threat (SWOT) analysis for both the party and the ticket seeker, and reason why the ticket seeker should be given the party ticket.
- The Party will scrutinize all ticket seekers for adherence to values of the Party. Those found to be severely delinquent in adherence with party values will have their membership cancelled.
- Information provided in the applications and the Party's view on the ticket seekers adherence to party values will be disclosed to all party members in the concerned party unit.
- The applicants handling of public grievances will be shared with members.
- To give party members a direct sense for all ticket seekers, the Party will provide a platform to ticket seekers to make presentations and conduct debates before members vote in the primaries
- Members of each concerned Party Unit shall vote to select the party's candidate for the election.
- Any ticket seeker who gets more than 50% of the votes, will be the Party's nominee in the public election.
- If none of the ticket seekers get a minimum 50% of the votes, the highest two vote getters will re-contest, and the one that gets 50% will be given the party ticket.
- Internal Elections - for party positions
Internal elections will be held from time to time in accordance with the Party's constitution. These will be conducted as follows:
- Aspirants for holding party office would submit applications to the Party.
- Th application would require the aspirant to provide information about himself/herself, their vision for developing and strengthening the party organisation, SWOT on the party and a SWOT on themselves.
- Party's election committee will review all applications, including regarding adherence to party values and prepare a short report on the aspirant. Aspirants found to be severely delinquent in adherence with party values will have their membership cancelled.
- The applications and the reports prepared by the Party's election committee will be shared with all concerned party members.
- Aspirants handling of public grievances will be shared with members.
- Party will convene a meeting of the concerned Party Unit where each aspirant would be entitled to make a short presentation and canvass votes for their candidature.
- Members of the concerned party unit would vote to elect office bearers and members that secure maximum votes would be elected to the party post.
- Securing with party discipline
- All party members are expected to be generally compliant with party values.
- Any party member found to be severely delinquent in adherence with party values, including those found to be so in the Primary or internal election process, will be proceed against as follows:
Disciplinary proceedings can be initiated against a member only for reasons of non-compliance with party values.
Disciplinary proceedings cannot be initiated for reasons of mere disagreement with decisions of the party leadership, including with public disagreements, provided such disagreements are expressed in a polite manner and or such disagreements are not for mala-fide reasons.
- A short show-cause notice will be served by the Disciplinary Committee on the concerned member with a brief description of his/her delinquency.
- The member shall have a 3-day period to respond to the said show-cause notice.
- Thereafter the member will be given a chance to defend against the allegations/charge in person before the Disciplinary Committee.
- After the hearing, of if the member avoids replying or defending himself/herself, the Disciplinary Committee could either discharge the member, in other manner reprimand or expel the member from the party.
- Any member that is not satisfied with the decision to discharge or any reprimanded/expelled member shall have the right to appeal the decision of the Disciplinary Committee to the National Executive.
- All appeals to the National executive will be dealt with the National Executive hearing both sides to the appeal.
- Any member with a complaint against another shall make a complaint to the Grievances Committee.
- The Grievances Committee shall examine the complaints and provide the member complained against a notice to respond to the complaint.
- The notice would include a brief description of the complaint and the concerned member would be required to provide a response in writing.
- Thereafter both sides to the complaint would be provided an opportunity to present their respective points of view to the Grievances Committee.
- After hearing both sides, the Grievances Committee could issue such directions (except expulsion) as may be necessary to deal with the situation, including referring the any discipline issue to the Disciplinary Committee for action as above.
- Any member that is not satisfied with the decision of the Grievances Committee shall have the right to appeal the decision of the Disciplinary Committee.
- All appeals to the Disciplinary Committee will be dealt with after hearing both sides to the appeal.
The Party shall from time to time organize different kinds of training for its members. These shall include training from both internal and external trainers and would include the following:
- In-house training on:
- Organization building
- Fund raising
- Media interactions
- Economy /social/ other reforms
- Cultural change
Expertise development and specialisation
- External training on:
- Public speaking
- Media interactions
- General state of the nation
- Economy /social/other reforms
- National defense
- History and culture
- New technologies
Help for active party members
- The party shall constantly seek to develop expertise in various spears, both through training and otherwise.
- Dedicated expert units will be established to acquire, build and retain knowledge.
- Shadow cabinets shall be established through the party at the local body, state and national levels - these will track key ruling party decisions and their implementation and provide both feedback/constructive criticism and suggest alternate solutions
Party would set up units to assist its active members to provide advice, and where possible assistance, in relation to the following:
Public grievances -- Assisting the general population with their grievances
- How to approach income generation/jobs.
- Use party network to bring jobs/opportunities for members.
- Assistance to be provided with family matters of active members.
- Other personal issues where a member needs guidance
Active members would --
Gathering public feedback on party
- Record a public grievance in writing
- Record a public grievance in writing
- Pursue preferred solutions
- Offer feedback to complainant
- Record successful resolutions
- Handling of public grievances will be shared with members in primaries and in internal elections
General expectation of each active party member
- Receive public comments, including on the website.
- Complaints from the public on the party's functioning, including on specific officials of the party.
- Party's response / feedback to be provided to the person providing inputs to the party.
- Action taken report t every complainant to be provided by the party
- Members shall sincerely attempt to comply with values of the party.
- All criticism to be accompanied with a proposed alternate.
- Avoid sycophancy and a dynasty culture.
- Solution orientation is better that a criticism-based approach.